Aren't boxers so cute? I love their "sad" face :-)Apparently, Madison has felt a little left out of the blog . . . and Mommy and Megan's frequent trips to the doctor's office. On Sunday morning, the girls were playing on the floor having a great time. Then, all of the sudden, Madison starts crying - and I mean REALLY crying. If you've been around Trubs, you know that it isn't completely uncharacteristic of her to cry . . . a lot. But this was different. She immediately came to me and wanted me to hold her. So I did. It seemed like forever. She was still crying/whimpering so we went to the kitchen to get her something to drink.
She held up her left arm to get the drink, but wouldn't hold up her right arm. She clearly wanted the drink but couldn't hold it with just her left arm. And she wouldn't try to grab it with her right (dominant hand). Hmmmmm, I think I've seen this before . . . where could that have been . . . . OH YEAH, about three months ago when Megan dislocated her elbow (technically, it's called a nursemaid's elbow). We were at a birthday party in Orangeburg. We were eating supper - Dawn (my sister) was helping Madison and I was helping Megan. Dawn and I immediately noticed that Megan would not use her left (again, dominant) hand to eat. Poor thing was trying to eat with her right hand and the food kept falling off her spoon. So after about an hour of trying to figure out what was wrong, a friend of ours told a doctor (who just happened to be at the party). Lucky us. The doctor checked Megan out and determined it was a dislocated elbow. We have no idea how it happened. But, thankfully, the doctor popped it right in. And Megan was instantly better.
So, fast forward to Madison on Sunday. I was pretty sure that she had a dislocated elbow. So, Madison and I loaded up and drove to Columbia. And, the doctor confirmed she had a dislocated elbow. He let me feel it (ewwww), and then he popped it back in. Like Megan, she was immediately better. We then went and ate lunch at McDonald's. I just think Madison was a little jealous of all the time Megan and I were spending together.
Funny note, as soon as the doctor walked in, he said to me, "Now, do we need to talk about not yanking your kids around?" I. almost. died - seriously. I think he saw the panic on my face and felt bad. He started laughing and said it happens all the time, but still, I can already see Dawn calling me because DSS is about to start an investigation . . .
As for Megan, she's doing great. DW took her back to the doctor last Friday. She still has the purple discoloration on her body, but it is starting to look much better. He said she's fine - it's just going to take a while for her skin to return to normal.
If this is all that our kids get into, we'll be just fine :-)
1 comment:
Well, just let me say "Oh my word....what's next?" Whatever, it is I am sure you guys will handle it. These little girls are teaching you lots of new things, huh? This dislocated elbow is a new one for me and just look at you...you have experienced it twice. WOW!!!. So glad both girls are doing good. Hope your lives settle down now so you can get a full nights sleep and no more trips to the doctors.
Post a Comment