Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Third Time's a Charm (I hope)

Here's my little Meg. She is such a trooper. We were supposed to go back to the doctor on Wednesday, but a few things happened. Her fever spiked again even though she's on tylenol/motrin, and the rash started turning a little purple. It looks like she has bruises up and down her body. So . . . . . the doctor wanted to see her this afternoon. Her official diagnosis is Erythema Multiforme, which is a viral infection. It's commonly referred to as EM. I've never heard of it.

In a nut shell, she's going to be fine. Hopefully, the rash will last one week. There are two different forms of EM, one is a mild form and one is a much more serious form. At this point, he thinks she has the mild version. If the rash isn't gone by next week, it's probably the more serious form and he'll have to do blood work to confirm. We're praying it's the mild form.


And here is my little Trubs. She's been awfully clingy the past couple of days. Sick, no! Jealous, absolutely! I think she's sat in my lap more in the past 4 days than she has in the past four months. But I don't mind :-)

1 comment:

joyce said...

That prayer thing sure works, doesn't it? I can see a litte smile on that precious face.
I sure hope the worse is behind ya'll and this thing never happens again. Thanks for updating. I even asked my co-workers to be praying for her.

I am sure this had not been easy for Madison. Glad you have 14 arms to take care of all three.

Praying for you.

Love,
JOyce