My little Meg. She's the shy, sweet - yet sometimes mischievous - twin. When we are all in the den playing, Megan is usually in a corner somewhere reading a book or playing with a toy. Every now and then she will venture out and play hide-and-seek with her sisters or play the tickle game with everyone.As I've blogged about before, (see here and here and here) Megan likes to tear off pieces of her diaper and stick them up her nose. Why? I have absolutely no idea. She stopped doing this, but recently, she began taking her diaper off while she was in the crib for naps or nighttime. So, DW came up with the clever idea of taping her diapers on with electrical tape. Even the babysitter has resorted to using electrical tape during nap times. But, as usual, Megan has outsmarted us and has figured out how to take the tape off.
Fast forward to the past two weeks. We could tell Megan had something up her nose, and we assumed it was a piece of diaper. Yes, I know what happens when you assume things. Anyway, I finally got her another appointment at the ENT yesterday, and of course, he found something. . . . . . . a two-inch piece of electrical tape. *sigh* The doc said she would grow out of this phase soon. (At least Megan is somewhat normal given the fact that tissue (i.e., diaper) is #7 on the list of Top 10 Things kids stick up their noses. Surprisingly, electrical tape was not on the list).
Oh yeah, on the way home, Megan started sneezing. They weren't normal sneezes, almost as if something was tickling her nose and making her sneeze. The doctor had put numbing spray in her nose so I just assumed that it was the medicine wearing off, etc. You'd think I'd learn my lesson about assuming anything when it comes to Megan and her nose. I finally made it to a red light, and I turned around to see if she was ok. And what do I see? Megan had taken her hair bow and rubber band out of her hair and was trying to stick the rubber band up her nose. When she saw me, she started laughing, handed me the rubber band, and said, "tant-you."
I guess something was tickling her nose.
1 comment:
This is a new one for me. I sure would love to know what goes through that little mind when she does that.
So, OK Mommie....no more assuming....be on the look-out at all times. I'm hoping this phase will soon pass. But let's see what's next.
I loved the Christmas card...added it to my collection.
Merry Christmas to all of you.
Love you
Joyce
Post a Comment