Diapers . . . . really, Megan? Let me explain.A couple of weeks ago, we noticed Meg was stuffing things up her nose. It looked like wipes or kleenex, but we couldn't figure out how she was getting them. Eventually, my clever husband figured it out: during naptime/bedtime, Meg was tearing off pieces of her diaper and shoving them up her nose. Crazy, right? Once we figured out what she was doing, we checked her nose after naps and in the morning when she woke up. It usually took both of us to hold her down and get it out.
Last week we noticed a couple of other things going on with her nose (I'll spare you all the gory details). So, I took her to the pediatrician yesterday and he pulled out a piece of diaper still lodged in her nose. But, he noticed another piece in there, but couldn't get to it. So, Meg was referred to an ENT today for the retrieval.
Again, I'll spare you all the gory details, but he pulled out three pieces. Yes, three - DW and I couldn't even see the pieces because they were so far up her nasal cavity. The doctor said it's just a phase she is going through and that she will grow out of it. I hope she does soon, but until then, Meg has been relegated to wearing onesies. No more cute outfits for her! And, if you have a young child that likes to stick things up his nose, I hope you have good health insurance because the ENT does NOT give a discount if both nostrils have to be cleaned out . . .
2 comments:
Well, my goodness Nikki. I've never heard of such. She definitely is going to be your "challenaging" one. And, I sure hope it is as the doctor says, "just a phase". Oh the joys of motherhood!..
Oh! I just love it! That's a new one for me, too.
Post a Comment