Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

My parents took the RV to Rocks Pond for the holiday weekend, and we decided to join them. DW took the boat (mainly to go bowfishing) but he took us out for a boat ride during the day. It was the girls' first time in the boat and they had a great time!Such a great dad. Chillin' with his girls! All the girls took turns driving the boat.
Trust me, there is an alligator in the water in this picture. (Look slightly right of the middle of the picture, almost where the water meets the grass. There is a black line that looks like a log. It's not - it's an alligator.

I brought my camera for the trip but I forgot one important accessory - the memory card! I have several but, somehow, none of them were in the camera bag. So, I had to make do with the camera phone. Anyway, while we were out, we were able to see 4 alligators! (I think DW just took us out for a boat ride so he can start scouting for alligator season this fall. Just kidding, DW). Julianne was a little nervous at first, but once we told her we were fine in the boat - she was ok. We took a little picnic with us to eat on the water. Once we were done, she wanted to throw the leftover apples in the water to feed the alligators. So thoughtful :-)
And, no camping trip is complete without a little slip-n-slide fun! Our crew sure knows how to attract a crowd. Every time someone drove by in a golf cart, they had to stop to watch the girls. A couple of kids from a few campsites over even joined in on the fun the second day!

No comments: