Monday, September 23, 2013

Gator Hunt 2013


Who killed a gator this weekend?  THIS GIRL DID!

DW graciously allowed me to join the gator hunt this year.  (Kidding, he had to since I had the DNR tag).  We ventured off to Santee for a couple of days, and his parents kept the girls for us.  Probably for the last time, too :-)  It was a lot of fun - definitely exciting.  I was hoping to get a bigger gator, but I'm glad I was able to get one.  This one measured 8 feet, 3 inches.  So, DW still has me beat.  We snagged the gator and I was able to shoot it.  With 1 shot.  Yep, I'm awesome. LOL!



 And here she is!  Yes, it's a female.  Just ask our friend, Kenny :-)

And in all my excitement, I put the wrong tag on the gator.  DW told me to grab the tag out of the envelope.  So I grabbed the first one I saw (since I only had 1 gator tag and we were alligator hunting. Who would have thought there'd be 2 tags in that same envelope. . . But I digress).  Turns out the orange tag was his trot line tag.  Luckily, DW realized my mistake soon after we "tagged" the gator the first time. 




1 comment:

joyce said...

I can not say I share your joy and excitement. :) I am just glad I did not know you TOO were out there hunting aligators...what one does not know about does not have to worry. Just be safe and tell me afterwards (always) Love you.