Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bittersweet

Who has an LL.M.?  This girl does!!!!!
Today is my graduation.  In Alabama.  And I'm in South Carolina.  I wasn't able to make the trip (and I'm really disappointed) but after 2 LONG years, I finally have my degree:  a Masters of Law in Taxation.  So many people have helped me along the way, but one person went above and beyond:  DW.  Even though I was the one in school, he took care of 3 kids every Tuesday and Thursday, and during all those long weekends during the exam periods.  And let's not forget about those 4-day trips to Alabama for orientation and comprehensive exams.  I couldn't have done it without him.  So, thank you DW.  Love you lots - you're still the best :-)

To ease the disappointment of not attending graduation, a got a few graduation gifts:
Thanks Mom and Dad :-)  They are beautiful.

A little shopping spree.  Thanks Mrs. M & Mr. S.

And when I got home from work one day, someone had a present waiting for me.  Love that he even added houndstooth gift wrap.  Clearly, a man after my heart.

 The bag had lots of goodies - here are just a few "kitchen" things in the bag.

And, no game day will be complete without some bling!  Now, I have NO excuse to be under-dressed on game day!  September 1st is just around the corner.  Roll Tide! (Yes, I'm still pulling for the gamecocks.  Their game will be locked on the tv on August 30th!).

And after DW and the girls gave me all their presents and  cards, they treated me to dinner at Blue Marlin with dessert from Cupcake in the Vista.  I know - I'm spoiled!




1 comment:

joyce said...

Congratulations Nikki....What a great achievement. I am so happy for you and very proud of you. I am sorry you did not get to go to your graduation, but it sure looks like you had lots to commenerate this great day. Yes, my sweet girl, you are very blessed.