Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Hero(es)

Yesterday was a pretty bad day for me, but it could have been a lot worse. On the way home last night, I got a flat tire. I was on I-20 during rush hour traffic. Within a couple of minutes of stopping, a man - who was on his way to Atlanta - stopped to help me. Although he couldn't put the spare on for me (mechanical problem getting the spare off), he stayed there over an hour trying to work on it until DW came. I called DW earlier, but he was over an hour away at a job site. In the meantime, one of our friends, Shannon, who lives nearby, dropped what she was doing to stay with me until DW could get there. We couldn't fix it then, and the girls were still at the back-up sitter's house (our regular sitter was on vacation). I called to tell her what had happened, and she told me not to worry - they were in good hands. It was past time for them to eat supper and I was so worried that they were giving her a hard time. But, when DW and I got there, they had filled up on watermelon and were playing in the bedroom with the sitter's older son. She was so understanding of the situation and it really made me feel much better.

The incident could have been much worse: my tire could have shredded (it was very close) and I could have had an accident. Or this man could have been crazy! But I had several heroes helping me out: 1) God. He definitely had his hand on my car and me during the whole ordeal. It could have been much worse; 2) The good samaritan, a/k/a "Mr. Fix-it". Yep, that's what he called himself; 3) Shannon. She is a very busy mom of two. She was there within 10 minutes of me talking to DW; and 4) DW. He's always there to rescue me. I hope he always will be.

1 comment:

joyce said...

I am so glad you were safe.
God sent you that Guardian Angel-"Mr. Fix It", gave you a true friend and blessed you with a great husband. You, Miss Nikki are LOVED!!!!