Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our New Best Friend

The girls went back to the doctor (again). I'm beginning to think that I chose the wrong profession. But I'm sure that DW wouldn't mind me going back to school for another 7 years. Just kidding, DW.

This little guy is now the girls' new best friend. It's a nebulizer and they are getting breathing treatments 3-4/day. The nurse gave them their first treatment this morning so that I could see how it was done. I knew that they would have to wear a mask during the treatment, so I thought that would be the worst part. Nope, I was wrong. Megan started crying as soon as the machine turned on. I got her calmed down long enough to help Madison when she got upset. Hopefully, it will be better next time.

3 comments:

MOM said...

Modern Meds what a blessing. I'm sure you don't remember when you got sick (with the same thing) it meant a trip to the hospital. They put a tent over your bed (it worked on the same principal as a vaporizer) OK You would NOT stay under it unless I was in there with you. I looked like a drowned rat.,but it worked. hope this is just temporary for the girls

joyce said...

Oh, how I remember those days with Josh. Donna would have to get under the tent with him and she looked just like a drowned rat too.
I am hoping that your precious babies will get rid of your "new best friend" soon.

nmw said...

Thank you. They did much better this morning. Megan didn't cry this time - she actually smiled a couple of times.