Friday, August 21, 2009

Channeling My Inner Betty Crocker

I've decided on my domestic project for Megan and Madison: making a designer cake(s) for them for their first birthday. When Julianne was born, I decided to make a quilt for her. With the much needed help from Mrs. Mary, it actually turned out pretty well. I wanted to do something different for them (and leave the quilt making to the grandmas), so I've decided to make a cake using the Wilton giant cupcake mold. I've got approximately 7 months to master it - it shouldn't be too hard, right? And I'm sure my family will LOVE eating that much cake for the next year.Ok, this cake would be awesome to make. I think I might be overestimating my abilities. And we all know what happens when I overestimate people's abilities . . . (right, DW???).
And this is the ultimate design I'm striving for. The giant cupcake would be a perfect "smash cake" for Megan and Madison. I guess there's only one way to find out if I've got it in me.

1 comment:

joyce said...

Well, Miss Betty Crocker just go ahead and do which ever. It will not matter to Megan & Madison. And, I will be readily available to help your family eat it.
(I love that you are so organized - planning this far ahead - must be that lawyer instinct taking over)