Guess who finally came to visit Julianne? The tooth fairy! Julianne lost her first tooth at school the other day. She actually wiggled it loose during class. So the teacher sent her to the nurse to get a container for the tooth. (That's the white box in the picture). Which leads to good news and bad news: The bad news - Julianne lost the tooth once she got home :-( The good news - the tooth fairy "found" it and left her some money. I don't remember the tooth fairy leaving me that much money!
Here she is with the fur kids. She and her classmates are learning about animals in Spanish, so the teacher asked the kids to bring in a picture of each child's pets. Belle y Jabo son perros.
Julianne also had a parent/teacher conference a couple of weeks ago. She showed me a couple of things she was working on in each classroom (English room and Spanish room). When the students are in the Spanish classroom, no one is allowed to speak English. Even the parents. If we need to talk to the teacher, we've been asked to send a note to the teacher and she will step outside the classroom to talk to us. Although I studied Spanish in high school and in college, I'm definitely not fluent in Spanish. Not even close. I brought Claire to the conference, and Julianne's teacher started talking to me. In Spanish. ALL Spanish. She was speaking so fast that I couldn't understand what she was saying. I was pretty sure that she was saying something about Claire. After she repeated herself for the THIRD time, Julianne finally looked at me and said, "MOM! Senorita Mesen said my baby sister is beautiful and tiny!" Wow. I can't wait until all the girls are in this program and they start talking to each other in Spanish. Maybe I need to invest in Rosetta Stone software . . .


No comments:
Post a Comment