
Apparently, my child is now a vegetarian. I don't think DW is going to handle this very well. Let me explain:
Julianne's preschool took a trip to the Lexington County Museum yesterday, and she had a great time. [Click here for the link to the museum webpage. There are several buildings on the property - click on the links on the left side of the page for more pictures.]


While they were there, the kids learned about farm animals. They even learned about the products that are produced from animals. On the ride home yesterday afternoon, Jules informed me that we get cheese, milk and beef from cows. Then she told me how we get the cheese and milk from the cows. She was silent for a few minutes, and then asked: "Momma, a cow has to die before we can get the beef from it, right?" Of course, I wasn't prepared for the question, but I wasn't going to lie to her so I told her yes. Without any hesitation, she started to tear up and proceeded to ask me about chickens and turkeys (which of course had the same answer). Then she promptly told me that she wasn't eating beef or any kind of meat anymore because it's not fair for the animals to die for us to be able to eat them.Sometimes I forgot how insightful, yet innocent she is. Once the twins were born, she had to grow up quickly and we asked a lot of her for a child her age. She's done so well and I'm so proud of her. But it's times like this that remind me she is still an innocent 4 year old.
1 comment:
This beautiful child has a heart like that of God's. Somebody is doing a fantastic job raising her. :)
Post a Comment