Here's the scenery: After work, we're all outside playing. The girls are playing with their toy lawnmowers, DW and I are talking to each other and rough-housing with the dogs, and Julianne is playing in the dirt. The sun is setting so it is getting a little dark outside. Cue the rest . . .Julianne (running towards us): Momma, Daddy, look what I found!!
Me: Wow Julianne, that's awesome. Look Daddy, Julianne found a BIG earthworm!
[Julianne approaches us holding the worm]
[DW looks at it for a few seconds, not saying anything. Finally looks up]
DW: Uhh, NW, that's not a worm, it's a baby snake.
Julianne: Cool daddy!
Ok, I have a *few* problems with our drama.
1. Where's the mama snake?????
2. Where are its siblings?
3. Julianne picked up a LIVE snake.
4. At no point during this little ordeal was Julianne ever freaked out. (unlike her mother)
5. We have several acres of land, and there is a creek on the property. I understand there will be snakes. But, this snake was in the "play" area of our yard.
I admit, we're raising a child that loves the outdoors and all the creatures that call it home. I might have to rethink that approach.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! What kind of snake is that?
Post a Comment