Thursday, March 21, 2013

Guess Who's Home?

Claire made it home yesterday!  We are so, so glad she's back home with us.

I won't go into all the details, but Claire started feeling sick on Saturday.  I took her to the doctor, and she was admitted to the Children's Hospital at Palmetto Richland.  After many tests, the doctors determined that she had intussusception, which required surgery . . . . at 3 AM Sunday morning.  Claire was a trooper and did amazing.  Thank you to everyone who prayed for Claire.  And thank you to our families for taking care of our family while Claire had a "staycation" at the hospital.  Here are a few pictures of her stay. 

This was the day she was admitted.  She was pretty pitiful.
 Getting some lovin' from Daddy.
 This was taken a day after her surgery.  Poor thing was so puffy from the fluids, she looked like a little marshmallow.
 Sitting up like a big girl!
My home-away-from-home.  It wasn't the most comfortable bed, but I was 5 feet from Claire's crib.  And that's all that matters :-)
Surprise visit from Jules!  I wish I had taken a video of Claire when she saw Julianne for the first time.  Claire started squealing and waiving her hands up and down.  It was precious.
 A video of the day we left:




1 comment:

joyce said...

I am so thankful that prayers were answered and "Claire-Bear" is doing so well. Thanks for posting these pics. I especially love the video and the pic of Julianne and Claire--so sweet.