Thursday, February 23, 2012

M&M's beds

Megan and Madison needed big girl beds for the new house. I ended up finding two twin beds at a local consignment shop . . . but they were black . . . and in need of some TLC. But, they were only $50 so I got them and added something else to DW's honey-do list. And I roped my dad into this little project. Haha.And the finished result! Dad hand-scrapped both beds in an attempt to get most of the paint off. And Dad added the wooden letters and finials for each bed. DW then painted the beds with a sprayer. It took three coats. Yeah, DW was clearly happy about that. (love you, DW). It was a long process. Let's just say a little birdie (i.e. Dad) told me he would have paid for new beds if he knew how much time was going to be involved!. But I think they turned out great :-). And each night before the girls go to bed, they point to the letters and say, "Granddaddy did that!"

Madison's bed
Meg's bed
Meg's

Madison's

1 comment:

joyce said...

Oh my goodness these beds did turn out beautiful. You are very very fortunate to have two talented men in your life. Those $50 beds would have cost a little more had you not had free, loving, labor.