Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pink? Of course!

We've been working with the girls to try to help them learn their colors. Whenever I'm dressing them in the morning, I point to the colors on their shirts, pants, and socks and tell them what the colors are. Various shades of pink are the dominant colors of their clothes (big surprise, right?) so naturally, pink is the color they hear most often. They will usually repeat it after me, but I didn't know if they were just mimicking me or really understood.

DW and I went to an outdoor concert in Charleston on Sunday. The weather was beautiful! But, I got seriously sunburnt on my neck and chest. So, I was sitting in the recliner with Megan last night, and Madison climbed up in the chair with us. She stared at me for a little bit, then pointed at my chest and said "pink, mommy." Nice. At least she was right about the color. I guess she is listening to me.

1 comment:

joyce said...

They really hear more than you think. So always be careful what you say. :)
Megan smart...
Mommie...next time...sunscreen. :)